A primary concern at Camp Webb has always been the safety and wellbeing of our campers and staff. This year, as we seek to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are implementing additional protocols to ensure the health of our campers, staff, and camp families. The following “5 Key Actions” will be introduced in summer 2021:
5 Key Actions
1) Staff Training and Standards: an additional day has been added to staff training and staff will be frequently assessed throughout the summer to ensure all protocols are being maintained.
2) Cohorts/Distancing: staff and campers will stay with their group throughout the day and abide by proper social distancing whenever possible.
3) Frequent Hand Washing: while hand sanitizer will be readily available, more frequent hand washing will be implemented this summer, particularly around mealtimes and when using shared resources.
4) Masks when Required: If the current circumstances continue into June, masks will be required indoors. For outdoor activities, masks will only be required when the situation requires close proximity.
5) Increased Sanitation & Cleaning: in addition to the frequent sanitation of common use areas by Webb School custodial team, our staff will be equipped with additional sanitation supplies to allow them to sanitize shared equipment as often as needed.
Nurse Tommi Goodwin is the full-time nurse for Webb School and Camp Webb. She is here to dispense medication when required, provide first-level health care if needed, and offer TLC all the time! With a BS in Nursing from UNC at Greensboro, she has extensive experience as an ICU nurse in various departments, and has worked as a nurse in CCU, heart transplants and cardiac catheterization/pacemaker labs. This summer, in the event of a camper exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, she will be equipped with proper PPE and will ensure the implementation of contract tracing of all positive cases at camp. Nurse Tommi has been a school nurse for 17 years, and this will be her 11th year as our camp nurse!
The Webb School/Camp Webb Clinic is a fully stocked school clinic where medication is distributed, and first aid can be administered. This year, our health clinic has been expanded to utilize a “well” room, “sick” room, and “COVID” room. AED machines are located in every building on campus, and emergency epinephrine is also stored in multiple locations across our campus. Camp Webb is within 2 miles of a major medical center.